BBQ Beef Short Ribs with French’s Mississippi Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes
4 8 beef short ribs, about 1.7kg
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
2 tsp. fennel seeds
200g French’s® Mississippi Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce
finely grated zest and juice 1 orange
3 spring onions, sliced
6 radishes thinly sliced vhandful rocket
1 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160C/fan oven 140C/ gas mark 3. Rub the oil into the ribs and season with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy frying pan until hot and sear the ribs. Place in a roasting tin, add 150ml water and cover tightly with foil. Roast for around 2½ hours until the meat has shrunk and is falling off the bone.
- Meanwhile heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a small pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and fennel seeds and continue cooking for another 2 minutes. Stir in the French’s® Mississippi Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce and warm through.
- Take the meat from the oven, drain off the fat and then brush the BBQ sauce all over the ribs. Increase the oven temperature to 180C/fan 160c/gas mark 4 and cook the ribs for 20 minutes until sticky and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl, pour over enough boiling water from the kettle to just cover, put a plate over the top and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous and stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve the ribs with the couscous salad.